Milk is one of the foods which often react positive in an IgG food allergy test.
Yet fortunately if you have to avoid cow’s milk, there are nowadays plenty of non-dairy alternatives available, some of them even in ordinary supermarkets.
Are you looking for alternatives to cow’s milk?
The following products may be a good option for you:
- Soya drink: As the name implies, this is made from soya beans and has a slightly sweet flavour. Soya milk goes well with muesli and is very good for baking.
- Oat drink: As the name implies, this is made from oats and is a type of grain milk which is produced from oats. Oat milk is great for baking or with muesli.
- Almond drink: Nutty-tasting almond drink is ideal with muesli and in sauces. It is also very good for baking because of its nutty aroma.
- Rice drink: This type of grain milk is made from rice. You can consume it in case of gluten intolerance. Rice milk is highly suitable for rice pudding and for baking.
- Coconut drink: Coconut drink can be used in many ways in the kitchen. You can use it in soups and curries or in sweet desserts.
Soy milk, almond milk and oat milk are among the most common alternatives.
When making your choice, be sure to stick with unsweetened varieties and avoid added sugars. In addition, make sure your non-dairy milk is fortified with calcium and vitamin B12.