Crispy Chewy Apricot Cookies – inspired by a yummy cake, these outstanding cookies pack plenty of flavor into each bite. This healthy fresh apricot crisp is naturally sweetened with agave nectar and spiced up with a bit of brandy. Stored in a closed tin, the cookies keep for quite a while, unless a foodie discovers the tin…. And, best of all: These delicious sweets are gluten-free, milk-free and egg-free!
Gluten-free, milk-free and egg-free recipe
For your Christmas baking, you can use a whole range of replacement products. Lots of cookies taste just as good with gluten-free flour (e.g. maize meal, buckwheat or rice flour). Soy, rice or coconut milk are also good alternatives to cow’s milk. Depending on the tolerability, walnuts, hazelnuts or peanuts can be replaced, e.g. with pumpkin seeds or coconut flakes. These and other products for allergy sufferers can be obtained from health food shops. There, you will also find sweet apricot kernels and agave nectar for the apricot crispies recipe.
Ingredients (serves 15):
- 150 g Apricot kernels (sweet) (Alternative: pumpkin seeds)
- 8 g Cocoa
- 40 g Agave nectar
- 10 ml Water
- 20 ml Brandy, e.g. apricot brandy
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- Roast the apricot kernels in a pan and then grind them in a mixer or grinder.
- In a pot on a warm hob, add the ground apricot kernels to the cocoa, agave nectar, water and brandy and mix to create a dough.
- Allow the dough to chill for approx. one hour. Then, using wet hands, form into small balls and roll in cocoa powder. Alternatively, they can be rolled in icing sugar, coconut flakes, ground apricot kernels or pumpkin seeds.