Support your immune system with a healthy couscous salad which is a traditional Middle-Eastern dish consisting mainly of parsley, and cracked wheat (bulgur).
- 100g couscous / (rice is a good alternative to wheat)
- 200ml hot low salt vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 50g feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nut
- Tip couscous into a large bowl, pour over stock.
- Cover, then leave for 10 mins, until fluffy and all the stock has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, slice the onions and pepper and dice the cucumber.
- Add these to the couscous, fork through pesto, crumble in feta, then sprinkle over pine nuts to serve.